Monday, January 31, 2022

Project Update No.1

    


    To be honest, I keep thinking about how can I connect my mask topic with our textbook contents. The textbook always brings some new even weird but interesting points to us. But when I was thinking about the connection between reality and imagination, the interrelation between real life and animation or movies is a good starting point. For here, I REALLY recommend all you guys watch the movie named The Truman Show, this is a good movie to explain what is my basic thinking!

    The plots of movies are always made up by directors and some plots will based on the true story, which they more like the imagination. People who show up in movies should give people a fake feeling. But when we think about reality, people wear masks every day to cover their real faces and leave a kind of magical impression. People rather think movies show more realistic details than real life. So people start to design fancier masks to disclose the uncertainty. 

    We always say "the eyes are the windows to the soul" But we still found some masks that are transparent, people can see whole facial expressions like no mask on. If I was around people wearing this mask, I think our distance becomes closer than around people who wear normal masks. All real people wear real masks, is there any possibilities to show hyperreal? When a baby comes into this world during the pandemic time, they might think masks play a role like our outfit. If people without masks around them, they might feel weird rather than normal. I will keep brainstorming and trying to make my ideas more cleared!



2 comments:

  1. It is so interesting to see how masks have suddenly (guess its already been 2 years) become apart of our culture. I find it interesting how masks act as a way to hide ourselves from harm, but people have found ways to use this as symbol for different messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to watch the Truman Show!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog Post

 Wow, time flies! I cannot believe that term is over and we had a lot of fun in this class. In this class, I really can feel free to share a...