Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Project Update No.2

 


    What is your first thinking when you saw this figure?

    For me, either mask on or mask off, people should be the same that cannot classify them into different groups. The uniquity of each group brings a various world to all of us. But why do we have discriminations and social biases toward them? My project will collect people in different masks to show their identity but in an equal and critical viewpoint.

    Oregon has decided to make people of color exempt from its mandatory mask policy in 2020 June invoked my interest in public health and policy, On the one way, people of color always be the victims of harassment or violence, making them mask off can help them get rid of this condition. But if we think about COVID, wearing the mask is a basic way to prevent the virus from spreading. So I hope my small project can make people around me think about, mask not a subject but a story to know our society!

    In my project, I collected people with different masks and from different races. So every mask I collected is a short story to share with everybody who sees his/her mask. By doing my project, I read a lot of stories about masks even some stories about front-line people, masks start to have a different status in my mind. Even life is fragile but also strong sometimes, masks cover people's facial expressions, but they convey a safe and compassion to others. Moring always comes after evening, why not wait a little bit longer to welcome our sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. I love how your work marks this very specific time in human history. I think it might even get even more interesting as we eventually move away from this pandemic. It marks a huge point in history while also being able to show the smaller sometimes missed stories of individual people.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog Post

 Wow, time flies! I cannot believe that term is over and we had a lot of fun in this class. In this class, I really can feel free to share a...